Advanced Dependency Management
Note: Live training sessions are paused as we are working on self-paced training.
Live training sessions will resume next year.
Ensuring consistent usage of dependencies across an organization can be challenging. In this training we will go over dependency management features in the Gradle Build Tool that allow you to publish version catalogs and dependency constraints that can be used by teams to ensure compliance and consistency. We will also explore how you can ensure the authenticity of dependencies.
This class is designed for developers and build engineers who want to learn how to fine tune their dependencies using the Gradle Build Tool.
- Highly recommended to take Dependency Management training
- Install the latest version of Gradle Build Tool along with at least Java 8
- Refer to the Java compatibility matrix to ensure appropriate Java version
- A good editor
- Recommended: IntelliJ community edition
- Gradle Build Tool experience
- Knowledge of core concepts
- Authoring build files
- Kotlin DSL experience a plus
- Cover scenarios for dependency management at scale
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce learning
- Scaling Up
- Publishing and sharing Version Catalogs
- Dependency verification
- Repository content filtering
- Centralizing repository definitions