Note: Live training sessions are paused as we are working on self-paced training.
Live training sessions will resume next year.
The Gradle Build Tool provides a number of tools to enable you to fine-tune how to manage dependencies that supports the dependency management strategy you have chosen for your software project. In this training we will go over not only how to use these tools but also in which scenario you’d want to use each one.
This class is designed for developers and build engineers who want to learn how to fine tune their dependencies using the Gradle Build Tool.
- Install the latest version of Gradle Build Tool along with at least Java 8
- Refer to the Java compatibility matrix to ensure appropriate Java version
- A good editor
- Recommended: IntelliJ community edition
- Gradle Build Tool experience
- Knowledge of core concepts
- Authoring build files
- Kotlin DSL experience a plus
- Some experience with software development
- Training materials use some Java and Kotlin, experience with these or similar languages is a bonus but not required
- Understand different Dependency Management strategies
- Learn about various dependency features and where to use them
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce learning
- Version Catalog
- Dependency Management Strategies
- Dependency Configurations
- Declaring Dependencies
- Rich Versions
- Dependency Constraints
- Default Version Conflict Resolution
- Consistent Resolution
- Dependency Locking
- Next Steps