Introduction to Gradle Build Tool for Build Engineers
Note: Live training sessions are paused as we are working on self-paced training.
Live training sessions will resume next year.
Introduction to Gradle Build Tool for Build Engineers is for engineers who want to learn the basics of authoring and maintaining Gradle Build Tool configuration.
In this training you will learn how to author custom tasks and shared configuration using current best practices. You will also learn about the build lifecycle and how configuration is evaluated.
Our goal is to demonstrate the building blocks necessary for you to author and maintain your own Gradle projects. This class is hands-on, so you will spend a significant portion of the class with your hands on the keyboard, learning by doing, working through lab exercises.
This class is designed for engineers who want to learn the basics of authoring and maintaining Gradle Build Tool configuration.
- Highly recommended to take Introduction to Gradle Build Tool for Developers training
- Know how to interact with the build tool and execute tasks
- Install the latest version of Gradle Build Tool along with at least Java 8
- Refer to the Java compatibility matrix to ensure appropriate Java version
- A good editor
- Recommended: IntelliJ community edition
- Some experience with software development
- Training materials use some Java and Kotlin, experience with these or similar languages is a bonus but not required
- Understand how to author & maintain Gradle Build Tool configuration
- Practice with hands-on exercises to reinforce learning
- Build Lifecycle
- Custom Tasks
- Command-line Parameters
- Best Practices
- Multi-Project Builds