Gradle Build Tool Performance Optimization
Note: Live training sessions are paused as we are working on self-paced training.
Live training sessions will resume next year.
As projects grow in size, you may experience dependency resolution or tasks taking longer. Gradle Build Tool has a number of configuration options and best practices that can be used to optimize your builds and significantly reduce the amount of time taken.
In this training, we will go over a few scenarios in which you may experience slower builds and learn how to address them.
This class is designed for Gradle Build Tool users that want to learn best practices to speed up their builds.
- Install the latest version of Gradle Build Tool along with at least Java 8
- Refer to the Java compatibility matrix to ensure appropriate Java version
- A good editor
- Recommended: IntelliJ community edition
- Significant Gradle Build Tool experience
- Knowledge of core concepts
- Authoring build files
- Kotlin DSL experience
- Experience with software development
- Identify causes of performance issues
- Learn best practices and configuration to address performance issues
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce learning
- Custom task declaration
- Parallel execution
- Test parallelization
- Build caching
- Dependency management
- Dynamic and changing versions
- Repository ordering
- Unused dependencies
- Shared configuration
- Gradle version